Hey, I am Rohit Dandamudi from India, about to complete my undergrad in CSE and will be working as a Software Engineer soon. I will be sharing my expereince at Tremor :)
My work involved writing "Property-based tests for tremor-script" and some of the reasons for applying are:
- It involved a new type of testing I never heard of
- Be part of a sandbox project where I can learn and grow with the community
- The concept of learning Erlang + Rust was very interesting to me and frankly out of my comfort zone, as a person used to Python and web development in general.
- Erlang and Rust
- My work mostly revolved around Erlang and a little Rust and I was completely new to this ecosystem, it didn't help to not find much resources or actively accessible community for Erlang.
- I took this as a challenge and went through various resources to learn Erlang, functional programming in general and I was able to see why this Language was involved to do the task at hand, my mentor is very passionate about Erlang and shared his thought-process, experience which helped me broaden my knowledge and how to approach any concept while learning something completely new.